To effectively utilize your social media efforts, you need to do more than just acquire “views,” “likes” or “friends.” Ideally, you want your contacts to actually engage with you. Here are the steps I took that dramatically increased that engagement and elevated my practice visibility:
• Track the data and adjust accordingly.
• Focus your outreach to a particular city, industry or hobby.
• Treat social media as a client communication tool rather than a client attraction tool.
• Be selective with the articles and people you “like” or “follow.”
• Saying “please,” “thank you,” “congratulations” and “you’re welcome” goes a long way.
• Be patient.
– Mark Delp, Branch Manager/Certified Financial Planner, Your Wealth Effect